Exact Announces General Availability of its ERP and Business Software, Macola 10
Macola 10.4 Includes More than 50 New Features that Enhance and Automate Core Business Processes
COLUMBUS, OHIO, July 5, 2016 – Exact, announces the general availability of Macola 10.4, an enhanced version of its ERP and business software. Organizations can take advantage of the software’s new features, more than 50 in total, which include core enhancements to its workspaces and user interface, additions to its API functionality and third- party integrations with key partners. These enhancements extend to manufacturing and wholesale distribution companies the tools and processes they need to automate and grow their businesses, while delivering the data and insights they need to make better business decisions.
Macola's single and flexible solution is designed to respond to the current and future needs of fast-growing manufacturing and distribution organizations through automation and management of core business functions, including product manufacturing and distribution, accounting and finance, document management, project management, CRM and human resources.
Macola 10.4 new features and benefits include:
- Workflow Rules Engine: Macola 10.4 includes enhancements to existing workflow management tools to help organize and drive all of an organization’s internal business processes. By making individual workflows and corporate goals visible, a company can spot redundancies and decrease errors while simultaneously increasing productivity. At any time, work can be viewed or remarked upon, and alerts can be generated in order to avoid bottlenecks and ensure follow-through. Now with the addition of configurable workflow rules, processes can run even smoother and faster than before.
- Forecast Pro integration: Macola 10.4 now allows for easy integration with Forecast Pro, the leading software solution for business forecasting. The new integration helps users improve the accuracy of business planning and forecasting so they can better serve their own customers.
- REST web services enhancements and additions: With additions and enhancements to the Macola API library, IT teams can more easily integrate the software with third- party applications that are engrained in their day-to-day business processes.
- Efficient synchronization processes: Macola 10.4 takes further steps to eliminate manual data entry processes by automatically synchronizing customer data, including contact and delivery information, between front and back offices in real time. Additionally, Macola 10.4 allows users to maintain and view all master customer data in real-time for a more holistic view into their businesses.
“Additional workspaces, new web services, and updated mobility functionality have us eager to deploy Macola 10.4 to support new process improvement initiatives,” said Patrick Irestone, CIO at Nystrom. “Nystrom has been a Macola customer for more than 20 years and we look forward to the continued technology advances to come in Macola 10.”
In addition to the latest enhancements to 10.4, Macola has also made significant updates to its data warehouse, which will now consolidate data so it exists in one easy to access place, a nod to Macola's vision and commitment to reinvent its reporting and business intelligence strategy moving forward.
Other notable, previously announced features of Macola 10.4 include:
- Workspaces 2.0: Macola 10.4 unveils a new generation of personalized workspaces that streamline day-to-day business tasks. It includes enhancements to the user interface, giving users the ability to view menus on transactional and maintenance screens and the capability to perform certain transactions directly from the workspace. Additionally, the workflow rules engine now allows customers to create custom rules and validations outside of the framework so they can apply them to the workflow requests.
- Exact Insights Powered by Qlik: Macola 10.4 includes a connector to Exact Insights Powered by Qlik -- a new business intelligence tool, based on the Qlik analytics platform, which offers users deep informational insights into their businesses.
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS): As part of its expansion strategy into Latin America, Macola 10.4 supports the IFRS model for financial reporting used by many countries in the Americas and hundreds of countries around the world.
- Financial Consolidation Module: New functionality to Macola 10.4 that allows users to aggregate financial data from multiple business divisions for a true 360 view of business financials.
“We are committed to providing our market-leading customers with the tools and data they need to maximize efficiencies in their core business operations, from our single platform,” said Alison Forsythe, managing director at Macola. “We are constantly innovating and expanding our service offerings so our customers can do the same for their clients. Macola 10.4 will allow them to do this seamlessly, efficiently and without any interruption to their workflow."
Macola 10.4 is available now. For more information or to request a demo, please visit www.macola.com.
Macola is ERP and business software that manufacturers and distributors use to automate, manage and grow their businesses. The software empowers companies to take control of cost and complexity at every critical stage from design through delivery and see all facets of their business from a single application.
Macola is an Exact product. Exact builds business software for SMEs and their accountants. Our innovative technology is aimed at specific business needs, providing an overview of today and insights into the opportunities of tomorrow. Exact inspires businesses to grow. Our 1,600 employees love, share and support our customers’ ambition. Like them, we aim high. Like them, we aspire to lead the way. That’s how we know it’s a bumpy road to success. And that’s why we build software to help smooth it out, enabling our customers from all over the world to grow. Macola. ERP and business software.